FALL CARNIVAL: TRUNK OF TREAT EDITION
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2020
What is Trunk or Treat?
A trunk or treat event is where adults decorate the backs of their cars, distribute individually-wrapped candy (all donated by members of New Life), and meet other cars in a parking lot for families to come and celebrate the fall season together with us. Adults can also dress up in their favorite costumes if they wish.
Trunk or treating is safer, less stressful, and more advantageous than traditional trick or treating. Instead of going house-to-house, rushing excited kids across busy streets and dark roads, families can simply walk from car-to-car, experiencing creative, fright-free decorations and getting more candy faster and safer. It’s also a way for our community to get to know us as a church.
Because of the ongoing pandemic, we will take extra steps this year to make sure everyone who attends feels safe through social distancing and limiting contact.
Ways you can participate:
- Donate Candy: bins located throughout the New Life Building
- Invite friends and neighbors to attend
- Sign up at the ministry center counter to be a trunk host and decorate your vehicle and give candy out to those coming through the event (We will have prizes, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place for the best decorated trunks!)
- Volunteer to help the day of the event
There are lots of creative, family friendly ways that you can decorate your vehicle. We recommend that you pick a theme for your vehicle and your costume if you choose. The less your car looks like a car, the better; and the best car will win a prize! Because so many of our ‘trunk or treaters’ will be preschoolers and toddlers, we ask that participants not use scary items or images like blood, skeletons, bats, witches, monsters, zombies, gore, occult symbols, etc.
Here are some suggested themes:
- Bible stories
- Fall / Harvest
- Disney, Pixar, or other kid friendly movie
- Space, Sci-Fi
- Race car
- Decade theme: 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, etc.
- Zoo or Barnyard
- Pirate (NO Skeletons)
For those wanting to volunteer their vehicle please sign up at the ministry center counter. We have some logistical guidelines which must be adhered to for all of our children’s safety at Trunk or Treat.
- We will assign each vehicle to a space. Spaces will be separated to enable the event to adequately social distance.
- You may arrive as early as 3:00 p.m. and as late as 4:00 p.m. Every vehicle must be in place no later than 4PM.
- New Life will provide up to 2 meals per vehicle during 4PM-5PM to have some dinner before the event starts.
- Someone must be present at the vehicle to give out candy at all times (5:00PM-7:00 PM).
- You may NOT leave the parking lot until 7:00 p.m. If the times do not work for you, we would love to have you volunteer in some other capacity.
- Once everyone is cleared from the lot, you may leave.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding of these guidelines. We want everyone to have a wonderful evening at Trunk or Treat!